platform for contemporary performing arts
* Trigger showcase August 29 to 31, 2020
* Delevoping the strategies of internationalization (workshop with Iva Horvat): September 1 to 3, 2020
* Politics in the Room (artistic workshop with Bertrand Lesca and Nasi Voutsas in Ljubljana and Maribor): fall 2020 (TBC)
TRIGGER 2020 PROGRAMME
Saturday, 29th August
11.00 - 12.00 (Location: Glej Theatre) introduction to Slovenian performing arts landscape with Zala Dobovšek and Maja Šorli
22.00 (Location: The Old Power Station Ljubljana)
Sunday, 30th August
17.00 (Location: Španski Borci Cultural Centre)
Monday, 31st August
14.00 - 16.00 (Location: Glej Theatre)
Lecture and debate on internationalization, platforms and eastern context with Annika Üprus and Nevenka Koprivšek.
21.00 (Location: ŠD Tabor)
BETON LTD.: ICH KANN NICHT ANDERS // performance //Duration: 60 min // Production: Bunker, Ljubljana
22.00 (Location:The Old Power Station Ljubljana)
Image Snatchers // Technoburlesque // Duration: 75 min // Production: Emanat, Ljubljana
Tuesday, 1st September
Wednesday, 2nd September
Thursday, 3rd September
About TRIGGER platform
TRIGGER is a platform for contemporary performative arts. Glej Theatre is developing it with Centre for Creativity, Moment, Bunker Ljubljana, Pekinpah, Mladinsko Theatre and Maska (The New Post Office programme) and City of Women. The main purpose of the platform is to strengthen competences of independent producers and artists, especially in the field of internationalization and international connections.
Platform combines a showcase of performances with potential for the international market, series of discussions, lectures and workshops with curators from international festivals, agents, and specialists for distribution and international cooperation.
Purpose of the platform is therefore to gain specialized knowledge of developing strategies and methodology to distribute, network and internationalize contemporary performative arts.
- improving competitive options for Slovenian artists in the international market
- improving the situation for Slovenian producers of independent performative arts
- improving opportunities for distribution of independent performances on national and international level
- creating a space for skill exchange on fields, that do not have formal or informal opportunities for education and development (professions in production, management and technical support)
- creating and maintaining connections with important European festivals and producers
- promoting Slovenian performers and performances
- long-term influence on diversity of domestic production in relation to exchange of examples of good practice and experiences from abroad
- greater stability of Slovenian producers
Centre for Creativity
TRIGGER 2020 is a part of a partnership network Platform Center for Creativity. Platform Center for Creativity is co-financed by European Union from European Regional Development Fund and by Republic of Slovenia.
TRIGGER platform is also supported by Ministry of Public Administration, Ministry of Culture and Municipality of Ljubljana.